contact information

for further information on the NTC development/junior program email Patrick Kelly at: patrick.kelly@triathloncanada.com


Friday, August 10, 2007

Day 2 Longmont

Well now that my computer is working again,....the camera won't load the pics... tommorrow's project I guess. The hotel is amazing, the breakfast included is great and I think the athletes ate their fair share today for sure !!! Then it was off to Union Reservoir for a swim practise. 1/2 way through they were told they had to stop swimming as there were no lifeguards on duty... i can only imagine what the kids were thinking... I left to travel back to the Denver Airport to pick up Kerrie Ann, only managing to get lost coming out to the parking lot and not being able to find the van... too funny.. quickly we realized we needed to be in the other parking lot !! I think they make all rental cars look the same !!!

They biked the course, after the swim, said it was not very technical, then a quick stop at the local Safeway to buy lunch and other supplies, then a 3 hour rest. Late afternoon a 30 minute run, in I think, 30 plus temps, off to local pizza/pasta place for a quick dinner, then across the street to a movie. Some went to Hairspray, some to Bourne Ultimatium... wow that was a lot of shooting and wrecked cars !!!

Alex and Kyla Coates and their Dad, Grant arrived later in the afternoon, but not with their bike boxes .. thanks United Airlines !!! They hopefully will be here in the morning.

As soon as I get my next technical challenge figured out I will post some pics... much more interesting that words..

Barb.

No comments: