contact information

for further information on the NTC development/junior program email Patrick Kelly at: patrick.kelly@triathloncanada.com


Thursday, January 17, 2008

Food Therapy

What do you do for recovery? Massage, Epsom Salts, Ice, Heat, Cold, Electric Shock Therapy?

Sometimes recovery can be simply doing something that you enjoy. Creating time to spend on something different that you wouldn't always be able to. For example, and hear me out on this one, today I spent a fair bit of time in the kitchen brewing up a couple meals. Sure the feet weren't up, but it was something I knew would make me feel good, re-fueled, and ready for more tomorrow.

I remember eating dinner at a pot luck one evening a couple years ago. There was an epic amount off food, delicious food. As a friend of mine got up for his second or third portion he told me, "Come on Steve, eat up now, that way when you're stuck up in the mountains one day in the middle of winter with nothing to eat, you can remember this dinner and be full again."

Recovery is about taking care of yourself. It's about doing what it takes to make sure that you are in the best possible condition for your next training session.

Remember your recovery when you are out on a cold ride. Feel full again, and dance in the rain.

1 comment:

A-Russ said...

Nice Post stevo,

inspired me to cook up a fest tonight. Steak, beets, avocado/tomatoe pecan salad, kale and some more veggies. If that doesn't get me some popeye iron than ack ack ack ack ack!